The Chris Howell Foundation is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to raising awareness of HIV and AIDS, as well as other various degenerative diseases, throughout communities where risk is at its highest. Through community outreach forums, and dissemination of educational and awareness messaging we will have a hand in decreasing the number of new infections, while increasing the number of lives saved. It was founded in 2016 by Chris Howell.
We have one goal in mind - to raise awareness of HIV and AIDS, as well as other various degenerative diseases, throughout communities where risk is at it's highest.
What We Do
- We empower underserved communities with vital, life-saving education and information as well as provide testing opportunities for HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases through our signature Know Your Status Dallas events.
- We also work to provide and secure the proper resources needed for medical treatment, as well assist with securing housing and food for those who are infected or affected.
- By collaborating with other community-based organizations, together we strive to help individuals to obtain the resources they need to live safe and infection-free lives.
Get Tested: https://gettested.cdc.gov/search_results
We launched our inaugural Know Your Status Dallas event on February 6, 2016. Over 40 people were tested and the event generated over 4 million media impressions and was recognized by the Texas Senate Office and the Dallas Mayor's office proclaimed February 6, as Know Your Status Dallas Day.
What We've Achieved
- 501(c)(3) Recognition
- Know Your Status Dallas(Feb. 6, 2016)
- Texas Senate Recognition
- Mayor Proclaims Know Your Status Day
- Raise education and awareness through various social media campaigns
- Aided in getting over 40 people tested
- Generated discussion around HIV/AIDS again in Dallas County
- Used our influence to get celebrity endorsements
- Generated over 4 million media impressions